John and I will hopefully be happily making new friends tonight during the family chat, so we won't be able to make it. :(
As for what's new for us: not a whole lot that I didn't cover in my last update, but I'm sure I can find something to share.
John likes his internship, after getting used to it. He was hired on to be a developer but has spent the last few weeks in quality assurance writing a test program because the
team they put him with needed that. However, he should be switching to programing this week or so, which will make him happy.
He likes the people he works with and is enjoying working for the church. He had a meeting with his supervisor and from the way this guy was talking, a job when John
graduates looks very promising. The church usually does hire on their interns, and even though they are in a hiring freeze, hiring interns is a way to bypass that since they're not "new" employees. Though John will probably look for other jobs, we are excited for his chance to work with the church longer.
We still have not heard back about Mexico and we're still tossing the idea back and forth, but at this moment we're heavily leaning towards going. We will let you all know when we know.
While helping Marcela's kids enjoy themselves at Discovery Gateway, I decided to apply there. I haven't heard back from them yet, although the girl I talked to made it sound very promising. John and I dropped by to see how my application as coming but they didn't have anything to tell me, so we'll see how that goes.
John and I have joined his mother's ward and are enjoying it. Many people know who we are and are very welcoming. There are a few younger couples in the ward although we
haven't had much of a chance to meet many. That's where we're going tonight, to "Sunday Night Sweets" a couple in the ward put together for the younger couples in the ward, so we're hoping to make friends. We like friends. :) We invited one couple over for dinner sometime in the next week. They're expecting twins soon, so I'm hoping I'll get to
help her out with that.
I am happily making John fat by making him treats with my lovely Bosch and other food he likes (I made up an amazing taco soup recipe), while he goes to work and so no longer works out.
I woke up one day with a strong desire to run a 5K. Sometime soon we're going to buy nice running shoes so our feet don't die while John helps me work up to that. In the
meantime I'll use the elliptical taking up space in our living room.
Once again, we welcome visitors in our gorgeous canyon home. I had Jenny and Gideon over for a few days and absolutely loved it. John is a bit more skeptical about having kids over, but as long as he gets his sleep he's up for it.
After having complained that he's been rocking the cradle since we started dating, John has changed his tune once he realized that I only have a few more days left of being a teenager. He now insists we make good use of these last chances we have, whatever that means :P
Love you all! <3 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment