Miss Sarah Lynn Johnson!
![]() |
| At my Wedding |
| Fresh out of the temple - my wedding |
| Jr High 9th grade Musical Brigadoon |
![]() |
| Jr High Promotion |
| Random Sleepover |
![]() |
| High School, Senior Year, Yearbook Day |
| Mutual Friend's wedding, '11 |
And the best kind of besties: we've been fristers! We claim the name and no one else can drive it to fame! (okay, so I'm not that clever) We're friends that might as well be sisters. And I've long thought that is more true with us than many girls claim. :P
We practically raised each other and we have had a distinct influence on each other's lives. Like sisters :)
But we haven't stayed best-best friends always. In fact, I can remember few times when Sarah and I have been each other's main or only best friend. I think this is one of the biggest reasons we're more like sisters than most other best friends. Sure you're friends with your sister, but you have other friends who come first on the "friends" list because your sister comes first on the sister list. And yet I will always and have always considered Sarah one of my best friends, keeping up with that consistency that comes with sisterhood.
Another reason we're totally awesomely fristers is because she is ALWAYS there. I've run through my other best friends much too fast for my liking, but Sarah is always there. When I need to talk or hang out or anything, she's there. When someone else isn't available, around, or my friend anymore, she's there.
Sarah knows my history and my family almost as well as she knows her own. She could probably name my nieces and nephews better than most of their uncles and aunts can, and several of my nieces and nephews even call her their "fake Aunt Sarah."
Even when I've been mad at her (usually for stupid reasons) or we haven't talked in far too long, we can pick life up as if we'd never left off.
I've always known she'd be my Maid of Honor (or Matron, but we both knew I'm way too boy-crazy to go long being single) at my wedding. When I told her I was getting married and, duh, that's her role, she was like, "Are you sure?" Hahahahahaha, silly woman, who else would it be? But of course she was perfect for the part and she was an amazing choice, even if we weren't fristers.
The funny part is, those 7 pictures up there pretty much sum up pictures of us. We realized when we were about 15 that we didn't have a single picture of just the two of us. Always with a group, or just one of us on an occasion when we were together. Since then we've tried to get more of the two of us, because being the only, or at least best, fristers in the world constitutes that we should have some documentation of such a relationship. But even with our efforts, there is a definite lacking in pictures of us. I have a handful at my wedding because she was my Maid of Honor, but even still there are few because they're replaced by pictures of me with all my Bridesmaids. I guess that's our story :)
I mean, how often do you get family pictures done with just pair of sisters? ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment