Friday, January 20, 2012

Dirty Toes

I apologize if the following picture makes you puke. 
It just makes me happy. 




To me, this is the epitome of childhood.
Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. 

Shoes are an encumbrance to the joys of running and playing. 
They were the first things rid of when I came home.
What is structure and protection when you can feel the cool of freshly watered grass
or the squish of mud
or the softness of new carpet?

Then again, children don't think about all that.



Perhaps I should stop romanticizing and just admit it.
I love my taking pictures of my niece Ella, and I think everything about her is cute.

And there is just something about those dang toes.




And her fingers...
Oh wait, maybe I'm just thrilled to see what I would have looked like as a baby, with "tiny little snakes reaching out of the blanket" (real quote from my sister-in-law about the first time she saw me)


No comments:

Post a Comment