Thursday, August 26, 2010

Shout Out from Mexico to Those Who Should Know

I know that most of you are already aware, but for those of you who missed part or all of the memo: John and I have moved to Mexico! :) 

John got accepted to do a Study Abroad at the ITSEM Monterrey campus (aka Tecnologico de Monterrey). He wanted to do this since before he met me and since this is his last semester he figured he'd better get on it. 

My parents are serving an LDS mission in the temple here in Monterrey, so we have been able to spend some time with them.

We arrived safely and well last Thursday, Aug 5 after a long day of traveling. We took a flight to San Antonio, TX and then a bus to Monterrey. We won't do the opposite trip back -- we'll fly to Vegas then his Dad will drive us home.

My parents were able to get us an apartment (from one of the other senior missionary couples who went home a few weeks ago) and it is SO much nicer than I was expecting: pretty much the Mexican equivalent of our apartment at his Mom's. 

We'll be here just for one semester, until December; we'll most likely come back on the 12th. John will graduate at USU about a week or so later. :)

Just thought you'd like to know what's up with us. :)
Love you all,
Brindalynn

P.S. Our phones have been disconnected while we're gone and I left mine home, so you won't have any luck calling or texting me. You can email me ( BeeAreEyeIn@gmail.com ), I will be on facebook probably as much as before (as soon as we get settled in), you can call our Skype number from any phone (will be given as soon as I have it), and we should have a texting number on John's ipod touch (also will be given as soon as I have it).

No comments:

Post a Comment