I started writing this in another post, but I wanted that to be more to the point. So this ramble is stuck here for now :)
John and I have already decided that we are taking Anniversary pictures. In the end, our wonderful wedding photographer Joanna Taylor gave us pictures we were very happy with. But the wedding day is so chaotic and if you're paying someone to take pictures you don't want to take hours on end (ignoring the fact that its your wedding day and you have things to do, places to be, people to see) getting every single amazing picture you can think of. So we decided we'd have more. For me, it's especially wanted because my hair was ruined by the unbelievable wind at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, not to mention the hair and makeup didn't survive very well in the temple, what with the heat and the changing. But really, its that I love great pictures so much that I want more and more and more. I think photo shoots are fun :)
The problem is we'll need a patient photographer who has the time and is willing to take a million pictures, and has the talent so that they'll turn out as amazing as we want them to. Oh, and they have to be cheap =D Our Engagements were taken by John's Step-Dad, and he was pretty much all of that. However his amateur style is not about people, and if it is, it's not about posing. So though he has talent to get amazing pictures, they're not the style we're looking for. Another patient, willing photographer is my dear friend Amanda Ryther. She did her best friend's/another dear friend of mine's wedding and engagements, and for never having done photography before she did an amazing job. She might be who we go with. However, she's fairly inexperienced with photography...but how else is she going to get better, eh? I figure since I don't actually know what I'm doing, I'll take about 5 shots per pose and one of those will turn out great. especially with some editing. Amanda seems to have a similar philosophy, so perhaps a photo shoot with her will turn out how we want :)
Also, I would LOVE to get my nieces in there because I have ALWAYS wanted Bridals with my nieces, and I completely forgot to have pretty much any pictures with any of my nieces or even nephews. It is a tragedy. And now they've all outgrown their skirts from my wedding so I can't even do that retroactively or anything :( sigh.
And there's little chance our bridesmaids/groomsmen are going to think it'd be fun to get together for more pictures. Though perhaps my girls might be persuaded.
No comments:
Post a Comment