Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Zzzzzumba

I enjoy dancing. I am uber jealous of all those lovely ladies that grew up dancing. You're dead lucky, ya'll. (Not that I'm going to kill you from jealousy. That would be breaking a commandment...or two)

Instead of growing up dancing, I grew up believing that dancing was bad. I was never taught this, I just never got to and that had to mean it was bad? I still don't understand my younger self.

Anyhow, then I grew up (a little) and I decided that dancing was far from bad, I could dance, and I loved to dance. But lack of 15+ years of already knowing all this had prevented me from logically pursuing that dream much further.

I still try.

When signing up for classes, I wanted to take a dance class. Unfortunately none of them worked for my schedule. This made me quite sad.

So, instead, I decided to give Zumba a try. It wasn't all that appealing to me, but everyone is raving about it. Usually that's why things aren't appealing to me. But that's beside the point.

I don't like Zumba.
I understand that it is much better than aerobics or whatever, in that it gives you more of a workout and it's more fun. That's fine and dandy, but I don't like aerobics either.

I don't like exercise for the point of exercise. This is one of the many reasons I am not model material. I don't enjoy exercise. I'd much rather be doing something fun.

I do enjoy running, but NOT because it is exercise. I enjoy it because I enjoy seeing the world around me, I like the chance to think, and I'm good at it. (Therefore, I a treadmill would never be used in our house.) But since I am so out of shape, running is not currently fun for me.

So I want to dance. Dancing is fun, and I get to learn and grow.

Zumba is just work. I'm done after about ten minutes. Unfortunately the class is an hour long. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment