Today I am grateful for my ability to bake.
I may be too picky to experiment and cook real food,
but I thoroughly enjoy making goodies.
I especially love baking goodies for others, with reason.
Just sayin'
This is spurred because I went to a pumpkin patch today. I can write more about that later. The point is, I LOVE baking. I love baking cookies. I love baking bread. I love baking pretty much anything.
But, I'm not all that good at cooking. This comes three-fold:
- Growing up, my experience in the kitchen was pretty much tied to the goodies...by my own choice. So I don't have a lot of background with making real food.
- I am good at following recipes. I don't understand the science of baking well enough to change things up.
- I am quite the picky eater. This means I don't like certain things in my food...which makes me want to change things up.
Real food is hard. It takes preparation, motivation, time. It also takes the ability to remember that food needs to be taken care of. That part is especially hard. Why do we have to eat so dang often? Every day? Really? Didn't I just make dinner?
At the same time, I still enjoy cooking real food. I'm just not as good as I want to be because I want variety.
No comments:
Post a Comment