My baby is making me dinner tonight. He was feeling sick yesterday so our Valentine's day was not up to his preparations. We just snuggled on the couch and started Star Trek: The Next Generation.
I'm fairly mellow when it comes to romantic expectations. I have yet to figure out if this makes me a really good or extremely unfair match for my naturally romantic hubs. (He still doesn't understand that he's successfully romantic, which, of course, is part of what allows him to be so romantic.) I think I struck gold with John. He's an idealistic husband in most ways. He's the kind of guy chick flicks are made about, except that those guys don't exist. However, I don't expect much of that. I don't need to have flowers on Valentine's day and I don't mind if my husband forgets when our Anniversary is.
Perhaps that makes it unfair, because John should have gotten a girl who appreciates his inborn talent. Or, perhaps it's give and take: neither one of us would really be like this if we hadn't been matched up.
Ah well.
In any case, Johnny B is adorable. He has been so excited to plan Valentine's Day evening for me. He wants to make it perfect (even if it's a day late). The thing that makes my Johnny special, though, is that he is like this for every occasion possible, and I know he'll continue to be like that as long as I encourage it. He's sincere and sweet and I love him.
But the sweetest part is that while he's making dinner he worries about making it like I do. It shows that not only does he pay attention to what I do, but he appreciates the way and the why I do them.
That is true love.
No comments:
Post a Comment