Monday, February 20, 2012

Strange Package

Once upon a time, I am ridiculously spoiled. (again/still)

I've been in pursuit of the perfect black leather boots for years. At some point John got in on the search. He has probably gotten more obsessed with it than I have.

I want simple, plain, black leather boots. Shouldn't be hard, right?
It is.
Go, search. Try it.

The criteria: 
Black, leather (authenticity negotiable)
      (so far so easy)
Height just below the knee
      (totally doable)
Roughly 3-4 inch thin heels, no more than half an inch platform, rounded toe (my usual criteria for favorite heels)
      (give us a real challenge)
Very fitted
      (yeah, we can do that)
Absolutely no buckles, bows, weird seams, ruffles, bunching, or any other unnecessary accessories.
      ...good luck.
Under $200?
      (Now you're being ridiculous)


Yep. This is why I don't have them already. You'd think so much simplicity should be easy. It's not. For whatever reason, people don't make plain black boots.

He got me ones he thought were pretty dang close for Christmas. He figured if they were perfect, then that's awesome, but if they weren't perfect then we could replace them with the perfect ones. He was expecting to replace them so it was fine that I didn't love those boots....but I did love that he got them for me.

But as we searched more, we both understood how hard it is to find the dang things. I figured it would take years until we found them, so we got me other boots that I loved and weren't anything like my perfect black leather boots.

And that's when John found them.
But I told him that we'd already gotten me boots so we could wait because we really didn't need to spend even more money on boots for me right now.

But they were on sale and he was scared he wouldn't be able to find them again.


I adore my husband. I'm pretty sure he adores me too.
I don't adore him because he gets me all the stuff a girl could ask for. I adore him because he wants to make me happy.

But I am pretty sure at some point I should stop getting spoiled. I've had enough to last me a few years.



Thank you for all the presents. It does make me feel loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment