Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Gifts

I love giving gifts. Something about thinking about it, and then buying or making that perfect gift absolutely thrills me. I especially love to give gifts at times when they aren't expected, at least as much as other times. When a friend has had a bad day or a special success, those are the best times to drop off a batch of cookies or a thought-out card. Random Holidays are the best. Through Jr. High and High School, Valentine's Day has been my day for friends. Easter can get rather cute. Birthdays are also fun, and I hope to someday be consistent in keeping up with my family members' and close friends' birthdays, just with something small, at least. With all sorts of presents, I've spoiled a few friends when I've had the chance.
Money is an interesting thing with presents. Time as well. When I've had money is when it's been the easiest to keep up with all the presents I've wanted to give. Time is something hardly anyone sees they have enough of, myself unfortunately included. So these past years I've given barely anything for Christmas. This year is especially bad, I've only gotten one thing.
Haha...I like that present. :) I figured if I'm only going to get one gift for one person, it'd have to be my fiance, right? So I got John a gift. But I can't just get him any old thing. For one, he hates random useless crap. So none of that. And another, I like to be thoughtful with my gifts, if I can. Since I can't afford to get just anything off the shelf this year, and I'm only getting one gift, then it better be something good, right? John is cute. Sharing what my gift is would be highly inappropriate, so I won't. ;) But it's a beauty, and I laughed a good long while while I was buying it. :) Maybe I'll be able to get pictures of him opening it. That would be fantastic, considering his likely reaction. =D
I like the idea of cards. It's something easy, thoughtful, and consistent. I like writing, anyhow. So it works :) For birthdays it doesn't require a whole lot...for the most part. Just motivation to get it done, and a bit of time and a few materials. That's what I'm giving for Christmas this year. Lovely letters to those who mean a lot to me. I'm an ultimate procrastinator, so pretty much none of it has happened yet. We'll see. I still have a few hours, right? :P Haha...
Merry Christmas, my dear loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment