I love wedding planning. It may be a bit pathetic, but I had been planning my wedding with John for months before we were engaged. I want it organized and well taken care of. In that I realize that it can't be perfect, so I'm still relatively flexible. My parents are on a mission to Mexico so my Mom isn't helping me plan my wedding. John told me before we started dating about some talk heard that said that guys simply don't care about wedding plans, and he completely agreed. It takes too much effort to include anyone else in my planning, so I pretty much take care of everything by myself. For the most part, anyway. But I'm totally cool with that. I don't have anything else to do and I thoroughly enjoy organizing everything. I'm the one who knows what I want anyway, right? Wonderfully, I don't get stressed much. Like, pretty much not at all. Except for today. We got started on our invitations way too late, so they got here late and everything added up today. I didn't have time to get everything done at a reasonable time, so I left for Logan later than I wanted then got caught up with printing insert invitations which took four hours longer than I had planned on, plus the printer went ker-plop when I was by myself. Not exactly my best day. I just wanted to get to Logan and enjoy myself, promptly started with a hug from my favorite person. I wanted to go up to Logan, obviously to see John, but also for my Logan Bridal Shower and Brittney's Toga Birthday Party. Thinking about this in all my stress got to me. Logan is not exactly my favorite place anymore. There isn't anywhere I feel welcome except with John, and even with him I just want to get away. This hits hardest from my old roommates, girls who were my best friends last year. Over the course of last semester we got continually further apart. Largely my fault because I spent all my time with John. Even when I was home, I just wanted to stay in my room by myself. I felt I had become the engaged roommate long before I was engaged and therefore I slowly stopped existing until I didn't matter anymore. Now it seems to the point that not only do they not care about me, they resent me coming to visit. The first time I came to visit for the new semester, I was so excited to see them. I thought that I could make new what had gone wrong the previous semester. It even seemed like they were going to be excited to see me too. But I walked in and they barely even acknowledged my existence, regardless of my excited greetings. So I kind of gave up. Except for Park. She's pretty much the most amazing girl ever. Brittney is my hero. I'm not the only person she rescues. And, of course, thank goodness for John. It's amazing how much better the world feels when you're wrapped up in your lover's arms. Except we're not lovers...yet :P
Oh, and Thank Goodness for Jerrica and her roommates, who took me in because as much as I love Britt, I couldn't stand to be in that apartment. Plus I was locked out of the building and Britt didn't have her phone on her.
No comments:
Post a Comment