Monday, March 31, 2014

A Condensed Reaction to the Kids and Technology Problem

I think there is a lot to be gained in this digital age. I feel I can't afford to ban video games and TV from my children's lives. But there absolutely has to be a balance.

Regulating what kinds of games and shows are in my home is a big part. But as long as there is more good than bad coming from it, I feel pretty strongly about being tolerant.

As far as time spent on electronics versus what I consider to be real play and interaction, I feel confident that as long as I'm honestly passionate about non-technology based activities, a balance will come. ie It's more important to me that my kids learn to love the outdoors than that they aren't addicted to a tablet, if that makes sense. I try to focus more on what I do want for my kids than what I don't want.

No comments:

Post a Comment