I LOVE Primary music and have sung the songs from the book all my life. That means I probably know more Primary songs (and LDS Hymns, for that matter) than most people. It also means that my perception of songs that everyone should know is skewed. I keep going up there with a song I feel like all the kids will know by heart and even the teachers look at me like I'm crazy.
Luckily for me, John hated Primary when he was in it, especially the music. That means that the only songs he knows are the most popular. We went through and he picked out all the songs he knows and we weeded down to the top ten. I leaned more toward the fun songs than the reverent ones, which I think is fair since kids really catch on to fun ones even if they don't sing them as often.
John told me to post it since I had such a hard time finding it. This isn't an opinion of our favorite songs, this is our perception of what the most popular songs are.
In no particular order:
I Am a Child of God
A Child's Prayer
I Love to See the Temple
Follow the Prophet
Book of Mormon Stories
Nephi's Courage
Love One Another
I Hope They Call Me on a Mission
Families Can Be Together Forever
Wise Man and the Foolish Man
I didn't include non-gospel-centered songs, especially since a lot of them are well known outside of Mormon culture. But a list like this wouldn't be complete without:
Popcorn Popping
No comments:
Post a Comment