Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 29 - Brother-in-law-in-laws

Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.


This is my good friend John. Not my hubby John, mind you, but my good friend John. He is also one of my two MOST FAVORITE brother-in-law-in-laws. The other one is talking to that cute brunette in the background. They're twins, and they're some of my favorite people in the whole wide world. I keep switching back and forth between which one is my very favorite brother-in-law-in-law, which is usually whichever one I'm with. But I never tell them that. They're both my favorite brother-in-law-in-law. But I'm both of their favorite sister-in-law-in-law. Because I am that cool. And I'm not a twin.

I love this picture. It was taken at my end-of-summer-after-graduation goodbye party. Which is kind of funny, because I spent a lot of time with those boys the next year. That's what I got for living with a sister who  met the man of her dreams and wanted to come down from USU to visit him every weekend and I had to drive her so that she could manage to survive her classes. But I didn't mind. I love those boys. And since John is the one who's really in the picture, today he is my favorite of the two. Don't you dare tell James that.

We met when we were wee widdle chwildwen. Their second oldest sister was dating my oldest brother (we are both the youngest of ten) in High School and eventually they married. The boys and I didn't get along very well back then. They told me they were better than me because they're 8 months older than me. It's a strong argument. Good thing I eventually won with the female card ;)

Through family gatherings for the sake of mutual nieces and nephews, we got on not-horrible terms. Then we went to High School together. Now we're inseparable. Oh, except for all those things that separate us. Like school. And being busy. And other friends. And different interests. And me getting married. And Shelby. And Mexico. And missions...sigh.

John is h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s.
He FINALLY sent me a letter after I sent him dozens. (The fact that only one was actually directed to him has no meaning here) And I couldn't stop laughing. You'd have to know him to understand. Or you'd have to read it. I have no idea where it is so tough luck.

Anyhow, this picture makes me quite happy. I love and miss John. And James. They're my favorite.


While I'm at it: this one is also great.


It's an inside story. I don't feel like sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment