Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Should Be Packing...

We are going camping tomorrow until Sunday. To quote my facebook:
"Camping alllllll weekend! Hello Torrey Pines, dirt, kiddies, worries over food, a soon-to-be frustrated sister-in-law, lots of pictures, and some good times. Goodbye my normal world of glowing rectangles. Except the handful we will bring with us..."

Sleeepy...
I just took out the garbage. It's strange to have it full of garbage instead of weeds. The recycling is also full. I said I just took out, but actually Johnny and I fought over it. We compromised with me taking out one and him taking out the other. We didn't fight over the work, but the service. If that makes sense.

Johnny has been super good to me...always, but especially lately. Today he came home from work and insisted that I needed a relaxing evening. Baby, I may have had the supposed two-year-old terror that is Carson (who was practically an angel) for two days, but really I've just been watching Heroes all day. Okay, so I did that while finally getting down the insurmountable mound of dishes, doing the laundry, and dancing around Carsy, but still. I'm a lazy bum, or I feel like it. I don't need no relaxation. But the thought was nice.

Regardless of his desire, we both ended up..where? Staring at our glowing rectangles. I may have made a necessary and wonderful choice to marry a techie, but it means the computer is an addiction that both of us crave, even when we've had too much. :)
He just wanted to finish a couple things from work, and since he was on it I had to get on it. :) So my excuse is lame. John's isn't, actually. He never does work from home, except the one time he was supposed to. I don't blame him this time. He took the holiday on Monday and he's taking a vacation day tomorrow so that we can go camping. So he's only had three days of work and his project is due soon and they're nowhere near done.
I'm glad hubs loves his job. Everyone needs to, but so few do.

Haha, so while he was doing that I went searching for something to do. I've never been good at web surfing. I usually just go to my 4 regular sites about a million times, waiting for something interesting to happen. Facebook is really not that entertaining, but I'm addicted, regardless. My calendar is not going to suddenly get packed with super amazing things to do no matter how long I stare at it. I wait around for a juicy good letter in my inbox, but when they come I'm too lazy to read them. Netflix will always have something to entertain me, which is horrible because then I become a zombie.

So that leaves Blogger. There's usually a new post from someone every day, but that takes about 2 minutes to read and I'm done. I could catch up on all the posts I've been meaning to finish...but that sounds like work.
This.is.my.life.

Anyhow, today I was mindlessly clicking and found myself on my favorite blogger's site. I don't know her, but she's hilarious. I purposely do not follow people I don't know because then I really could be sucked away forever reading about things that have nothing to do with me. But she followed me first, and then I got sucked in.
Anyhow (again), I was wondering how she started her blog, so I went to the beginning...and kept going. And 2 1/2 hours went by before John was finally done with what he wanted to do so I stopped.
I am now nostalgic. And a little disoriented. She's still in High School and I realized that she was 15 when she started the blog, which started me thinking of when I was 15 which was six years ago. (How did I get so old so fast?) And I started thinking of things I was saying and doing back then. Holly and I were best friends, boy crazy, bored out of our minds, counting down the days to our birthdays, writing notes constantly...
those were the days.
Seriously, High School is SO fun. You get to see friends every day, you're always doing stuff, summer doesn't feel like a waste of time when you don't do anything, you don't have to worry about anything but yourself. All except that annoying thing that is school.
Now I'm all grown up and married. We own a house. I have housework to do and I'm not getting paid for it or fighting/avoiding my mom about it. There's no such thing as summer break, which means when I'm a lazy bum my life is a lazy bum. We live "out in the boonies" so I can't go do stuff with friends. Even if I lived closer to friends, all our schedules don't mesh so spontaneity is a thing of the past.
What I would give to be spontaneous.

Blahhhhhh...I need sleep. I don't want to.

Puppy is with Grandma for the weekend. It is seriously weird not having my shadow. I'm sure she misses me more. Silly dog.

I put up stuff on the walls today. It made my house a home, even with the half painted walls. I'm happy :)
My laundry room is now crowded and I know John hates that so I was worried. But he likes it, and said that's what laundry/mud rooms are for. To be filled with all the junk you need that isn't for show. So yay :) I now have my big cork board, our big white board, a clock (it's green to match the someday-to-be green walls), a mail basket, a calendar, and my note roll/corkboard/key hook thingie, not to mention three doors, one of which is covered in magnets, all in the 6x6ft mudroom side of the laundry room. I'm in love. I need my crowded spaces in this spacious home. There's too much emptiness here.

I have the Harry Potter theme song stuck in my head.

We're still not packed.

Funny how that happens. Me not packing gets us still not packed. Unless John's been working on it...that's nice.

I have the best Johnny in the world!!
Even if he didn't do any packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment