Tuesday, July 26, 2011

HPMM Cleanup

So yesterday finalized the Harry Potter Movie Marathon. It was a blast! Only one friend came, though, silly busy people. But I did have lots of family come. Because my family is awesome like that. And we like Harry Potter. Perhaps a little too much. Hey, when they get more excited to come for Harry Potter than to play games or simply to talk with family, there has got to be something wrong. Or I just plan things the wrong dates. Always the wrong date.

Anyhow, on our blog I will tell you all about the marathon, because it was an event and it included John. That's the criteria for the other blog. This blog is dedicated to rants, and other such things.
I said I liked details. I know what posts go to which of my blogs. How can I have two blogs if I don't determine what goes where?

But don't go rushing there yet. I haven't written about the HPMM yet. I don't have time yet.
I have dedicated today as cleanup day. Luckily for me we did a little pickup here and there throughout the weekend so it's not a complete tornado.

Sarah rinsed some dishes after lots of food was made and before the movies were started Friday. That was nice. They've been hidden in the dishwasher so I could forget about them. I don't use my dishwasher because the top rack washing part is broken and we don't have a water softener so all my dishes come out looking filthy anyway. And I enjoy washing dishes by hand :)

Joy, Hillary, John, and I did basic pickup yesterday.

I took out the garbage all weekend. We went through FOUR garbage bags in three days. FOUR! John and I fill up half of one in a week. Oh, and then the recycling was spilling all over my pantry floor when I finally took it out. Luckily there was a door to smash it all behind so I could wait that long :)

I condensed the kitchen Sunday before church. It was a disaster, but I didn't have time to do dishes. But it made me feel much much better when I had them stacked neatly in the sink corner. Not in the sink, mind you, because that's a no-no.

I don't believe I have any useful dishes left in my drawers and cupboards. Utensils are down to a couple serving and plastic ones (which is funny to me). Even though we used plastic plates more than half of my flatware is gone. Not a single mixing/serving bowl, cutting board, knife, pitcher, or bite-sized bowl is clean. Many were used over and over.

Bowl is a funny word. Bowl bowl bowl bowel bow wow
hehe

Yesterday was Christmas in July, right? Well it sure feels like the holidays. I thought I had a complete kitchen with more things than I could ever use at one time. I think I better stock up a little more before the real holidays come :)

We even used up all ten of my parings knives!

The best was when we tore down the window covers yesterday. I kind of liked the adventure of putting all the poster boards and blankets up. John was going crazy living in a cave. When we took it all down it was amazing. We do have a gorgeous house! And there is so much light! It was kind of strange, actually. :)

It makes me even more anxious to paint, though. Ugh I cannot deal with all this orange. It's awful.
But that's a post for another day.

I think I've ranted on about the cleanup I get to do today. I'm excited. It's going to be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment