Day 14 – A TV show you’re currently addicted to.
I am a horrible person.
Or I've just been insanely bored with nothing better to do.
Take your pick :)
This is a subject I was meaning to blog about anyway, because it really is ridiculous.
So, I've been out of school and work for over a year now. I got married, bite me. That was supposed to be the end of anything else in my life so I could have fun and be a happy housewife forever. All those plans are ruined. :(
Stupid high school teachers telling me marriage and motherhood isn't good enough. Okay, that has very little to do with what I'm talking about. I was just reminded that they told me a career is more important than my life long dream of being a completely devoted mother and wife. We'll not get into that. Any more than for me to say that I am very bitter that they were so condescending to the greatest joys life can bring.
In any case, for various reasons that we can discuss (by that I mean I can ramble on about) another time, I have had little to no responsibilities since December 2009. I made it through Winter by planning the wedding, which was the excuse I gave to people anyway. I made it through Spring by it not lasting long enough for me to go completely out of my mind. I made it through summer because on occasion I could sometimes spend time with friends or family...and then I found it. The beauty of Netflix. Yay! I watched mostly a lot of movies at first..but a third through Fall I got sick of even those. Fall was the worse, though, because I truly could do nothing but sit at home. Being a virtual dumb mute in a different country can do things to people.
In any case, that was about when I started TV shows on Netflix streaming. And I still haven't stopped, 6 months later. Oh, I've slowed down as I've finally had things to do...but my list of shows I've run through makes me sickly happy. It's disgusting, but it's hilarious so I want to brag. Hahaha... :)
I started with The Office
![]() |
| courtesy |
Then was Psych!
![]() |
| courtesy |
Then it was Monk
![]() |
| courtesy |
I was a little disappointed with the ending though. I feel like they never really developed the underlying story, and when it was time to end they just rushed it all in. It didn't feel complete. It made me ache for a drawn-out movie, like Gilmore Girls was. I watched that the first two weeks of my second semester at USU. Haha...good times :) Anyway, I wanted a good long story.
So I tried one that I had overheard my roommate watching: Drop Dead Diva
![]() |
| courtesy |
Next, Netflix suggested Dead Like Me
![]() |
| courtesy |
Next I researched and found that Scrubs was available.
![]() |
| courtesy |
Now I'm in the middle of Greek.
![]() |
| courtesy |
Anyway, Greek is very college-y...which is to be expected. But I like it. A lot. I'm in Season 5 even though Wikipedia told me they stopped at Season 4 (which ended with a huge cliffhanger so thank goodness no!), but Netflix has them for six Seasons. So hopefully I won't find out AGAIN that it's still on TV. Probably not, though. Their main character is running out of time so I imagine we're almost done.
So...what next? Who knows. Maybe I'll find something better to do with my life. Maybe not, though, because watching TV on my own time (admittedly having to wait for TV shows that are done, but I'm okay with that) is SO much better than being tied to their schedule. And I love multi-tasking so this provides a great thing to do while I'm folding laundry, ironing, cross-stitching, making b-day cards, eating, etc.
I'm lovin' it :)







No comments:
Post a Comment