Day 28 - A picture of something you’re afraid of.
I am petrified of needles. The fact that the above picture (let alone the other pictures that came up in my search) and simply the word "needles' makes me squirm and get a little light headed should be testament enough of that. Ugh. So I will probably never give blood unless absolutely necessary. I've avoided for as long as possible getting shots that have been needed and promptly blocked out any memories of those I couldn't get out of. This last time, over a year ago, I decided that my fear, though common, is irrational and surely just a little *prick* is really not that bad. So I tried to brave it up. It is utterly disgusting how much that prick, the only one I have not successfully blocked out, haunts me...to the point where saying or typing "prick" in that context makes me want to puke. Luckily I am not so bad as some who faint when they get shots...but I've never fainted for anything so maybe that's just a different issue. If you try to talk about shots or needles or giving blood around me for more than a few seconds, I will leave, if possible, or close my eyes and start humming in the attempt to block you out. Don't take my tears and pale face personally, it's just not a reaction I'm good at controlling.

No comments:
Post a Comment