Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 17 - Beautifully, Better

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.


I don't know if I'd call it huge. At least not on my life. But it made an impact on my feelings the other day.
And, ya know, sometimes it's those little things that really do make the biggest difference.





I was here


I was feeling lonely, a little bored, and rather adventurous. So I went for a drive. One thing I love about where we live is that I'm 5 minutes from Wal-mart, but the main road to our neighborhood is a Highway. But even more than that. The main road to my parent's house was Bangerter, but when I drove on that I didn't feel like I was out for a drive, I felt like I was going somewhere. Nowhere awesome, just somewhere to be.

On Cedar Fort Road, or just Hwy 73, it was beautiful.

Beautiful to have miles of road, and no one around.
Beautiful to feel the wind whipping through open windows.
Beautiful to hear nothing but silence.
Beautiful to taste the playful evening warmth.
Beautiful to smell an inviting summer. 
Beautiful to see the gorgeous meadows, hills, and skies. 

Beautiful.

And no, that isn't a poem. Mine or otherwise.

In any case, all that beauty made me feel better. 
I may or may not have shed a few dozen tears while in Walmart just before.
Silly me. 
Silly walmart, nowhere to hide.

But, again, in any case, I love life.
Utah is gorgeous, my life is gorgeous.

And I want to be a better friend.
                            a better aunt
                             a better sister
                              a better daughter
                               a better wife.

And that takes practice, and a lot of selflessness.
I'm not so good at the whole selflessness thing. It makes me nervous. How am I supposed to react when people praise me? 
Haha...I'm clearly not so good at humility either. 

Well, wait and see if I blow you all away

by the time I'm 80.


;)

No comments:

Post a Comment