So yesterday I did four days' worth of blogging, but I didn't actually do yesterday's post. Not my fault, actually. Our internet cut out. It's a funny story...but not that interesting. :)
Tuesday, March 29
Day 11 – What’s in your makeup bag?
I'm not a huge make-up person. My mom most definitely does not wear make-up and neither do most of my sisters. Even if they did we don't share little life tips in my family and even if we did...I probably wouldn't take any of their advice on makeup. Let's just say we all have very different styles.
In any case, I have taught myself most of what I know about makeup, and I've developed my own theory that it isn't that important. Sure, I recognize how dang good I look when I've painted my face up, but I just don't see the need to do it every day. It makes those days I do it even better :) And, let's face it, I'm a completely lazy piece of pooh.
Therefore, my makeup bag is really simple, and hasn't had a lot of money spent on it.
To start with, the bag. It's about as big as my hand and only 2 inches thick if I stuff it. It's this cute little purple thing that I got in 4th grade for my birthday from some girls who took pity on me because it was the worst birthday ever. For some reason, it has stuck around my life and somehow it's been adopted to be my makeup bag.
Next, mascara. Right now I have my Mary Kay mascara that's on its way out but before I was ready to be completely done with it I adopted a new one. So I have two mascaras and yes, right now, I use both of them. But no biggie because mascara is the one thing that I do use relatively often. When I feel like I need that extra boost so my face isn't completely washed out I splash some on and it's good enough for me.
The rest is just for dates and nights out, and even then not all of them. I am really that lazy when it comes to makeup.
It took me years to finally break down and use foundation. The thing that did it was my first year of college, when my face broke out like it never had before. Sure, I'd had acne like every other teenager, but I'd never had it bad. Something in Logan made me break out like crazy and it took a whole semester for it to die down. Luckily I had so much self confidence at the time that it hardly phased me emotionally, but it did bother me that my face was always red and blotchy. So I went out and bought my first foundation, and still it was only because I was going to a dance. I've since decided that foundation is amazing, even though my skin is normal now.
I've been experimenting with eyeshadow since I was little, so that's nothing new. I'm not often brave enough to do fancy colors, so I usually stick with browns and such.
Blush or rouge or whatever, is similar to foundation. It took me a long time before I decided it fit. Part of that is because I just can't apply it well and its never bothered me to not have it. Then when John and I had our Engagements done I used some of his Mom's and I loved what it did to my cheeks when I looked back through the pictures. I have yet to find the best shade, but I got a good enough one and I'm patient.
That's pretty much it. Eyelash curler I've always liked and borrowed, but only recently bought my own. Eyelash brush I stole from my sister and only use when they really clump together. My favorite lip gloss is currently hiding somewhere in a pocket from the last date I went on so it's not in the picture, but I have my backup ones there :) Oh, yes. I hate lipstick and only keep a lovely supply for pranks. Lipgloss is the best thing on the planet!
No comments:
Post a Comment