Day 3 – Your idea of the perfect first date.
Hmm...this one is hard, surprisingly. For me every guy changed how I wanted it to progress because every situation was different, and I never fantasized about the first date enough to mentally plan a perfect one. Though John and I did have a fantastic first date. So I'll go with that.
It wasn't so much what we did, but how it happened and felt. So for me, vague is better.
He was one of the few guys who asked me out on an actual date, so that was a great starter. I think every girl deserves to be asked out on dates, not just hanging out evolving into dating. I was interested in him, and I knew he was interested in me, so it wasn't just the awkward asking and more awkward, "I guess so, why not" that comes from some acquaintance first dates.
He picked me up and we grabbed a bite to eat then had fun doing a classic activity. At that point we had done enough to constitute a good date, but we kept going. He gave me the option to do something I had never done before, but we were late so decided not to go with it. Again, he could have taken me home then, but did not. It surprised me but I was enjoying myself so I just took it as a compliment. He offered dessert so we had fun getting that. You would have thought that was the end point, but we took our dessert to the park. We played around there, then also went on a walk. Done? Nope. We finished off with a movie at home, but circumstances gave us more time to talk and have fun before it still. So from 5pm-1am it was the longest first date (not with a High School Dance) I had heard of, but it didn't feel long at all. We were comfortable with each other and it was a lot of fun. I guess it was almost like it was our first 3 dates in one, because by our second date we were cuddling and holding hands, and our third date we were officially together. For not knowing each other much before our date, that is fairly fast.
In any case, I think my first date with my husband was the best first date ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment