I want to travel! There are places I really want to visit. However, I've already got a post to come talking all about my traveling dreams, so I have to think about something else I want to do before I die.
I have been thinking about a Bucket List for the past few months.
I found my wonderful birthday buddy a few years ago, and we're turning 21 in just a few weeks! However, since we have morals and standards that prevent us from doing normal things girls do for their 21st...I thought maybe we could do something more epic, like 21 things we've never done before, and the like.
Unfortunately, we probably won't be doing any of that since she got married and moved off to another state. Ah well. I'll throw a mock party hard 21st girls night for myself.
In any case, I started a list of things we could do that would be fun, within our standards (after all, we never have had alcohol, gambled, etc.), and within budget. Sadly, none of them were epic enough that I'm aching to do them before I die.
I used to have a short list of things I wanted to do...like kiss (or at least date) guys from at least 10 different ethnicities. I got to about 4. I also wanted to go on at least one date with all of my good guyfriends from High School. There were a lot of things I wanted to do before I got married...but then I got married. I'm not too distraught; John is totally worth more than my silly lists.
I have lots of goals, like reading every book on the "Classics" list from AP Lit, or reading every General Conference talk since I was born, or visit every LDS temple in Utah, or have special annual parties that everyone wants to go to, or take all of my nieces and nephews on a date for their 12th birthday. But they're not really Bucket List things...they're goals.
I guess I am really, really lost. I don't really crave skydiving or bungee jumping. All the wonders of the world would be expensive. There are so many things that would be awesome to do, but I don't care if I do them or not.
So, I guess what I really need to do is this:
I want to create a Bucket List before I die.
And, of course, cross everything off.

No comments:
Post a Comment